Garlic, olives and a dash of cayenne pepper give this delightful dish additional flavor.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh basil
- 3 to 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup marinara or tomato sauce
- Preheat broiler to 375°F. In huge skillet, warm oil over medium warmth. Include diced vegetables, garlic and herbs and cook, blending regularly, until the point when vegetables start to mellow, 3 to 5 minutes. Include quinoa and olives and cook, blending, 2 minutes. Include salt and cayenne pepper. Expel from warmth.
- Halfway cook peppers in a steamer 4 to 5 minutes. (Pepper parts can likewise be steamed in a microwave 2 to 3 minutes in a secured dish with 2 tablespoons water.)
- Fill pepper parts with quinoa blend; put on a softly lubed heating dish. Top with marinara or tomato sauce. Add enough water to cover base of dish. Cover freely with thwart and heat until the point when peppers are delicate, 20 to 25 minutes.