In India, dal is the term utilized for every single dried vegetable, however it has likewise come to allude to a straightforward, sustaining stew-like readiness presented with rice or level bread. This formula can be made with a lentil, simply increment the cooking time 10 to 15 minutes if utilizing dark or green lentils.
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 3 tsp. whole cumin seeds
- 2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups yellow lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Warmth oil in pot over medium-high warmth. Mix in cumin and red pepper pieces, and sauté 1 minute. Include onion, garlic, and salt, and sauté 1 minute more.
- Include lentils, vegetable juices, 2 containers water, and turmeric. Cover, diminish warmth to medium-low, and stew 25 minutes, or until the point when fluid is consumed.